Monday, January 3, 2011

Born to stand out




I hear many people say that they are going to become a better them, a healthier them, a new improved them. But how many of them actually have a plan to do anything about it? How many actually do A,B, and C to make the changes that are necessary to be a new improved version of themselves? Given that not many people follow through with their New Year's resolutions I would say not many have a solid plan. However, I have a plan. It's a detailed plan too, because I'm a planner and a list maker and organize like it's my job. I am going to list my plan here so that I have my followers and friends to keep me accountable for what I say I'm going to do. So here goes.

1) Attend bi-weekly counseling sessions. Today was session #2 and my counselor already has me thinking and evaluating and working on "homework" each session. It's great accountability for me.
2) Get myself on a regular sleeping schedule. Bedtime is 11:30 and rise and shine is 6:30. An early rise and shine guarantees that I'll have time to relax and prep for the day and thoroughly enjoy my morning cup of hot tea (tiny bit of sugar, little bit of Creme Brulee creamer = perfection).
3) Get back into a workout routine. My goal for my 6:30 wake up call is to squeeze in a morning workout session courtesy of Jillian Michael's and the 30 Day Shred. I have had this issue this past year of starting something, getting 3-4 days in, and then quitting. Not this time. I WILL finish one 30 day round with Jillian and then go from there. Day one starts tomorrow!
4) Save more money! With my taxes I will be paying off two out of three credit cards and a part of the third, which will save me some extra every month. I also don't watch cable, or at least haven't since I've gotten Netflix. It's $50 a month that I'm throwing away. It will be canceled tomorrow. I am going to be big girl jobless come January 2012 for my internship and every penny saved now is a penny that can pay some bills come January.
5) Get to work on my house. I have some painting to do, small repairs to make, and maintenance cleaning to do. I keep putting it off and well it's not doing me any good and only makes me feel lazy when I look at the minor things I want to do.
6) Stop giving more than I get from the intimate relationships in my life. I know what I deserve and it's more than I've been settling for in the past. I am making a promise to myself to not do that EVER again.
7) Make myself a priority again. I was at the top of my game and doing so well and finally getting comfortable in my own skin. Due to unforseen circumstances I lost my focus, but it's back and I will no longer let myself not be a priority. It's full steam ahead! So either get on board or get out of my way!

I can and I will do this. I have to do this for myself. If I can't love me then how can I expect anyone else to love me? I was born to stand out and that's exactly what this year is all about!

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you! I'm sure you'll accomplish it all with the right mindset. Appears you're mind is already ready!! Here's wishing you the best of luck at it all! Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you know that you already do stand out. You have this amazing energy that surrounds you all the time. A great laugh (even Nick says so). You are beautiful, and I know that you can accomplish anything you set out to do.

    ReplyDelete