Sunday, October 9, 2011

It's here!

The time to start my fieldwork is here. I can hardly believe that it's been two years already since I started my Masters program and that I am within eight months of obtaining my masters degree (if I survive of course). My fieldwork starts with my practicum, which is ten weeks long and requires 100 hours in the school system. I will have my own caseload of students that I will work with every week and I'm also going to be starting a psychoeducational group based off of The Seven Habits for Highly Effective Teens. I will be teaching the students better habits to be more effective in their day to day life at home and at school. The Seven Habits training that I attended several years ago was beneficial and inspirational and really helped me to learn more about myself. I hope that the experience I had will be the experience that my students have when going through this group over the next several weeks.

My internship will be next. My internship will be 23 weeks long and will require 600 hours in the school. It will be very similar to my practicum except much more intensive than the practicum. I'm so very thankful that we'll have the introductory period with the practicum. The students will get to see my face, learn my name, and hopefully know that I'm a person they will be able to trust by the time my internship starts.

On top of my practicum, I have my integrated project which is a research intensive course that requires each student to write a paper that is slightly smaller than a thesis. Research makes me very nervous because there is so much that goes into research being acceptable for educational purposes. It requires a lot of time to make sure that you are selecting information that works for your paper and is acceptable for a research project. However, my professor seems very supportive already and I think she will do what she can to help us out with our paper and research.

I cannot wait to start this time in my life and it all starts Tuesday. Here is to hoping that it is everything I hope it will be and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment