Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Getting to know me #2

In January I started posting some random tidbits about me so that you, my blog readers, would gain some insight into who I am and what I do. This is a continuation of that process to help you get to know me.

* I love the show Criminal Minds. Yes it features Shemar Moore and who couldn't love that fact alone? But it's more than that for me. I am a budding counselor. I see life situations from a different perspective than most. The person having a bad day? I often empathize with them and want to know what is going on in their life to cause them to lash out on others. The guy who just killed his wife and kids? I want to know what happened to make him murder the family he once loved and cared about. What happened in his past to make him capable of committing murder. Criminal Minds allows me to see that others think much like I do.

* My blog name, Woman on a Mission, has a very strong meaning. I am a woman on a mission. What is that mission? I want to find the real me. I want to find what it is I love to do most in this world. I want to learn as much as I can about everything. I am on a mission to live the best life that is possible for me in this world.

* Upon graduation (June 2012) I am planning a European vacation of sorts. I want to travel the world and see as much as I can before I settle down with a husband and kids, if that is in my future. What better way to start than with a backpacking adventure through the countryside of some of the most beloved countries in the world? Feel free to provide tips, places to travel, and any information that you have.

* I am much more secure in who I am than I ever have been. However, I still have my moments of insecurities. I am, and will continue to be, a work in progress in this respect. I fear that I will never be happy with how I look on the outside, and perhaps if I'm honest, it is one of the reasons why I slack off from working out. What if I get to my goal weight and I'm STILL not happy with how I look? What would all of the blood, sweat, and tears have been for then? I do not have forever though. I NEED to get this weight off for my health and for my future family. I will do it.

I must sign off for the night. 6:00 will come awfully early and want to be on top of my game for my first day of practicum tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment