Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Who is "they"?

Do you ever notice that people quote "they" a lot? They say breastfeeding is best. They say you shouldn't buy any clothes that are going to be motivation. They say you should jump off a bridge. I don't know who they is, but they certainly seem to know a great deal of information about a lot of things. And how did they get to know so much? Research? Or simply living life? I prefer living over researching any day. Why? Because what works for one person does not work for someone else. I prefer this answer "Whatever helps to boost your happiness, keep you sane, and achieve your goals then go with that". There is no one size fits all "they" answer that works for everyone. I've seen that firsthand more times than I can count.

With that said, I went against "they" (insert shock, awe, gasp reaction) and bought a sexy little black dress as motivation. What's that? You want to see it?
It needs some ironing because this is literally JUST out of the package it was shipped in but you get the idea: Low cut, cinched at the waist, a little peep window in the back, and knee length. Once I pair it with a sexy little heel I'll feel on top of the world in this dress. I ordered it not quite two sizes smaller, which is absolutely against what "they" say. You should NEVER order clothes that are too small, just in case you never lose the weight. But you know what I say? Do what works for you. This is how I am going to motivate myself. I want to fit into this dress. I want to feel sexy. I want to feel sexy in THIS dress. The weight will come off and it will come off soon. And when it does my girls and I are going to go out and I'll turn heads in this. "They" can kiss my slimmer booty when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment