Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I don't know what lightbulb clicked on...

but I LOVE it!! I was driving to work today and it suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks that I am FINALLY happy being me. I still have work to do (ie: losing more weight), but love me or hate me I'm gonna be me! I'm not gonna be ashamed to act like the dork I am, or be happy all the time, or apologize for my views and being a Christian (which I don't anyway but y'all get my drift ). It hit me today that things with the exes didn't work out because I wasn't happy with me! I wasn't happy with who I was and so I just jumped head first into a relationship with the first guy who showed interest in me, whether it was healthy for me or not! I felt like I needed to do that because I wanted to feel wanted!

But today I realized that I'm simply happy being me. I have a great life with great friends, family, and a job that while I'm not always happy with has provided for me nicely! I'm not perfect...I know I have my flaws. But I DO NOT need anyone to complete me. I'm complete as is! It would be nice to find someone to compliment me and until I find that I'm NOT settling!

No comments:

Post a Comment